Every McKissick® Roll-ForgedTM sheave starts as a single piece of AISI C-1035 carbon steel plate. Utilizing a “time proven” proprietary roll forging process that adds extra strength to the critical groove section, the sheave is formed from a precision flame cut blank. The hub is then pressed into place with complete metal-to-metal contact and secured with a deep penetrating weld to ensure proper fit and longer life. Before the McKissick® name is added, each sheave is thoroughly inspected to meet applicable industry and Crosby® quality standards.
McKissick® Roll-ForgedTM sheaves contain the following critical standard features required to meet your demanding applications.
- Smooth radius at the rim provides superior transition from outside diameter to groove—eliminating sharp corners that can damage rope
- Size for size, McKissick® Roll-ForgedTM sheaves have a thicker section under the tread of the wire rope groove—providing more substantial support of the wire rope
- Thicker web on sheave provides required stiffness to support a stronger sheave that contains thicker flange sections
- Heavier flange sections—provide a much stronger wire rope groove and maintain proper consistent groove angles, ensuring long term wire rope performance
- Minimum 35Rc for higher hardness in the bottom of the groove—results in less wear to the sheave, thus extending life of wire rope
- Precision alignment of hub with blank, then finished with a deep penetrating weld—ensuring proper fit, longer life and confidence during the most extreme of applications
Additional Features of McKissick® Roll-ForgedTM Sheaves:
- The grain flow associated with the McKissick® Roll-ForgedTM sheave process results in excellent performance properties
- Each sheave is permanently marked with “McKissick®”, sheave outside diameter, wire rope size and Product Identification Code (PIC) that provides complete material traceability.