Crosby®—Real Life Solutions: Innovative McKissick® Split-Nut Retention System Makes Inspection Easier.
Shank hooks on crane blocks must be inspected in accordance with applicable ASME B30, CSA Z150 and other crane standards. These standards mandate the crane hook to be inspected for surface indications, damage and corrosion, which could compromise the integrity of the crane block. Because of the type of environment in which these hooks are required to perform, the removal of corroded nuts from the threads can become a problem during inspections. The innovative patented * Split-Nut Retention System featured on McKissick® crane blocks makes inspection easier. With 4 easy steps, the hook can be disassembled, inspected and put back into service in a fraction of the time of a conventional threaded nut.
The Split-Nut is available upon request for McKissick® Easy Reeve® crane blocks up to 100 tons.
- Allows for easy inspection as required by ASME B30, CSA Z150 and other crane standards
- Eliminates conventional threaded nut and problems associated with the nut removal for inspection.
- Allows repeated installation and removal without risk of damage to hook / nut interface.
- Zinc-plated finish for corrosion resistance
- Replacement hook and trunnion assemblies available for selected McKissick® 380, or Easy Reeve® and 790 blocks with threaded hooks.
The new patented* Split-Nut can be purchased in a variety of configurations that can be used to retrofit the following McKissick® blocks in the field or in the shop.
- More than 80 tons and larger crane blocks upon request
- Bridge crane blocks
- 80 Series tubing blocks
In addition, the Split-Nut can be used to replace existing hooks on existing crane blocks currently in the field (most manufacturers makes and models) and on special designed lifting equipment.