- Wedge socket terminations have a minimum efficiency rating on most high performance, high strength, compacted strand, rotation resistant wire ropes of 80% based on the catalog breaking strength of the various ropes. **
- Patent Pending design eliminates the difficulty of installing high performance wire rope into a wedge socket termination.
- Proper application of the Super TERMINATOR™ eliminates the “first load” requirement of conventional wedge socket terminations.
- S-423TW Wedge Kit can be retrofitted onto existing Crosby S-421T TERMINATOR™ wedge sockets.
- Wedge and accessories provided with a zinc finish.
- Meets the performance requirements of EN13411-6:2003.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these sockets meet other critical performance requirements, including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATOR™ wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the tension device, is left undeformed and available for reuse.
- Available with Bolt, Nut and Cotter Pin.
- Assembly includes Socket, Wedge, Pin, Wire Rope Clip, Tensioner, Bolts and Secondary Retention Wire.
** NOTICE: Due to the unique construction of various ropes, Crosby cannot make a broad general statement that all current and future design of ropes, when properly assembled with the Super TERMINATORTM, will achieve a minimum 80% termination efficiency. Contact wire rope manufacturer or Crosby Engineering (918-834-4611) to determine efficiency rating for a specific rope.
Wedge sockets meet the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-S-550D, Type C, except those provisions required of the contractor. Meets the performance requirements of EN13411-6:2003.
** Kit contains Wedge, Wire Rope Clip and Bolts, Tensioner, Tensioner Bolt and Secondary Retention Wire.
Note: For intermediate wire rope sizes, use next larger size socket.
The S-423T Super TERMINATORTM wedge is designed to be assembled only into the Crosby S-421T TERMINATORTM socket body.
IMPORTANT: The S-423TW for sizes 5/8" through 1-1/8" (14mm through 28mm) will fit respective size standard Crosby S-421T basket.
The 1-1/4" (30-32mm) S-423TW will only fit the Crosby S-421T 1-1/4" basket marked with “ TERMINATORTM ”.