What Is An Automated Storage & Retrieval System?
An Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) is a combination of equipment and controls that handle storage and retrieval of materials as needed with precision, accuracy and speed. Generically speaking, AS/RS refers to a variety of computer-controlled methods for automatically depositing and retrieving loads to and from defined storage locations. AS/RS makes it possible to totally integrate material handling storage and processing, however temporary, into the total process being served.
Why Invest In Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems?
For over half a century, Hänel Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems are proven technologies capable of effectively and reliably handling and buffering raw materials, work-in-process inventories and finished goods of all kinds.
Our Hänel Vertical Carousel and Vertical Lift Modules save money, dramatically improves inventory control, reduces labor costs, improves process quality, markedly increase inventory accuracy and reduces shrinkage.
Why FHS Is Your Best Source?
FHS can assist you from the initial stages of planning, concept and ROI justification and continuing through engineering, integration and post-installation support.
As your business partner, FHS, Inc. is a turn-key provider of the finest quality Vertical Lift and Vertical Carousel available today. FHS, Inc. is a proven systems integrator FHS, Inc. and will partner with you during all the steps of material handling integration.
Hänel Vertical Lift Modules & Vertical Carousel ASRS Solutions Will Give You:
- Rugged Reliability: Redundant sensors, dual motor drives, 100% inventory accessibility and a Robust Design for 24/7 operations from the ground up keep your operations running.
- Increased Throughput: The concept of “parts to the user” eliminates time-consuming walking and searching for items and requires fewer operators and significantly reduces labor costs. Increase productivity 75%.
- Inventory, Accuracy, Quality & Control: System integration using the most advanced microprocessor controllers and software options improve inventory accuracy up to +99.9%. Optional Optical Monitoring provides unmatched security and inventory control.
- Safety & Ergonomics: Items are picked and placed at an ergonomically-correct height, eliminating climbing ladders, stooping and carrying heavy items. No more workman comp claims!
- Security: All valuable inventory items are secured within the system, under lock and key, with optional electronic restricted access.
- Space Efficiency: Storing vertically frees up floor space – capture up to 85% consolidation – allow users to bring in additional profit centers under one roof and eliminates costly construction.
Call 1-800-664-3380 for a free consultation!
We will visit your location and discuss a ASRS system that meets your specific needs.