Crosby HG-227 Jaw and Eye Turnbuckles
Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specifications FF-T-791b, Type 1, Form 1 — CLASS 8, and ASTM F-1145, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered or Normalized, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Hot Dip galvanized steel.
- Turnbuckles eyes are forged and elongated, by design, to maximize easy attachment in system and minimize stress in the eye. For turnbuckles size 1/4″ through 2-1/2″, a shackle one size smaller can be reeved through eye.
- Forged jaw ends are fitted with bolts and nuts for 1/4″ through 5/8″, and pins and cotters on 3/4″ through 2-3/4″ sizes.
- Body has UNC threads.Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26, including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these turnbuckles meet other critical performance requirements, including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- TURNBUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY.
- Lock Nuts available for all sizes.
- Fatigue Rated.