Lanyards and SRLs are critical pieces of “personal fall protection,” and approved for use in:
- Fall arrest
- Confined space rescue
- Ladder climbing devices
It is of utmost importance to keep lanyards and SRLs in proper working condition to protect yourself against a failure that could result in injury or death.
In this video, we will look at the following:
- What personal fall protection equipment needs to be inspected?
- If a lanyard / SRL tag is legible, what happens next?
- What type of inspections shall a lanyard / SRL receive?
- Who performs lanyard / SRL inspections?
- What are the requirements for a lanyard / SRL inspection?