Our RapidShip Program: In-stock and ready to ship.
- R-4 block has straight roller bearings.
- R-6, R-8, R-10 blocks have long life Timken Bearings.
- Yokes and yoke pins are forged and heat-treated alloy steel.
- Block Sides are the frame of the block. The unique shape fenders the rim of the sheave providing maximum protection from line jamming while minimizing weight, which are both critical to performance.
- Working loads from 5 tons to 9 tons.
Skookum blocks started in 1890 in the timber industry. “Skookum” — meaning “strong…best…powerful.”
- Utili-Sheave made of cast Manganese Steel—the longest lasting material for the job.
- Timken Bearings. Timken is the name synonymous with the best bearings you can buy. They are standard in the R-6, R-8 and R-10 blocks. Timken means strength and long life—and capacity to hold more lubricant for extended periods.
- Roller Bearing. R-4 block comes standard with straight roller bearings to maximize space.
- Sheave pin. Precision machined in high tensile steel.
- Sheave Pin Nut. On each end, holding the block assembly firmly together.
- Block Side. Block Sides are the frame of the block. The unique shape fenders the rim of the sheave providing maximum protection from line jamming while minimizing weight which are both critical to performance. Again, in a word, the best.
- Yokes and yoke pins. Forged and heat-treated alloy steel.
Skookum R-Series Blocks with exclusive Utili-Sheave.
Utili-Sheave—Sheave tread optimized with a contour designed to readily pass a variety of line, connecting links, terminations to meet and exceed any of your special needs.
* Ultimate strength is 5 times working load.