- Forged bail provides the following:
- Easily readable “Raised Lettering” showing the name Crosby or “CG” and PIC Code for material traceability.
- Greater durability providing the increased “Toughness” desired in potentially abusive field conditions.
- Larger opening than standard Hoist Ring bail.
- Top washer is color coded for easy identification (Red for UNC threads and Silver for Metric threads)
- The Working Load Limit and Recommended Torque value are permanently stamped into each washer.
- Individually Proof Tested to 2-1/2 times Working Load Limit.
- Available in both UNC Thread and Metric Thread style.
- BOLT SIZE IDENTIFICATION: The size of the bolt will be stated as in the drawing below. Illustration shows meaning of each dimension given.
- Frame 2 and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
HR-1000 UNC Threads
HR-1000 Metric Threads
* Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
** Ultimate Load is 4.5 times the Working Load Limit for 7000# Hoist Ring when tested in 90 degree orientation.
*** Individually proof loaded to 2-1/2 times the Working Load Limit based on the 4:1 design factor. † Long Bolts are designed to be used with soft metal (i.e., aluminum) work piece. While the long bolts may also be used with ferrous metal (i.e.,steel & iron) work piece, short bolts are designed for ferrous work pieces only.
‡ Bolt specification is a Grade 8 Alloy socket head cap screw to ASTM A 574. ‡‡ Bolt specification is a Grade 12.9 Alloy socket head cap screw to DIN 912.
Note: The tightening torque values shown are based upon threads being clean, dry and free of lubrication.