» Slings & Assemblies Index
» Catalog Index
A-342 Alloy Master Links
Ratings below are for use with chain slings fabricated in accordance with ASME B30.9.
- Alloy Steel – Quenched and Tempered.
- Individually Proof Tested with certification.
- Proof Tested with 60% inside width special fixtures sized to prevent localized point loading per ASTM A-952.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these links meet other critical performance requirements, including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Forgings have a Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability, along with the size, the name Crosby and USA in raised lettering.
- Selected sizes designated with “W” in the size column have enlarged inside dimensions to allow additional room for sling hardware and crane hook.
- Incorporates patented QUIC-CHECK® deformation indicators.
* Chain slings require that the Minimum Ultimate Load be 4 times the Working Load Limit.
Proof Test Load equals or exceeds the requirement of ASTM A952(8.1) and ASME B30.9-1.4 for the chain size and number of legs.