Weldless Rings meet the performance requirements of Federal Specification RRC-271F Type VI, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Alloy Steel — Quenched and Tempered.
- Individually Proof Tested to values shown, with certification.
- Proof Tested with 60% inside width special fixtures sized to prevent localized point leading per ASME A-952.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26, including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these links meet other critical performance requirements, including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Forgings have a Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability, along with the size, the name Crosby and USA in raised lettering.
- Selected sizes designated with “W” in the size column have enlarged inside dimensions to allow additional room for sling hardware and crane hook.
- Crosby 1-1/4" to 2" 342/345 master links are type approved to DNV Certification Notes 2.7-1- Offshore Containers. These Crosby master links are 100% proof tested, MPI and impact tested. The tests are conducted by Crosby and 3.1 test certification is available upon request.
- Incorporates patented QUIC-CHECK® deformation indicators.
* Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit. Based on single leg sling (in-line load), or resultant load on multiple legs with an included angle less than or equal to 120 degrees. Applications with wire rope and synthetic sling generally require a design factor of 5.
** Proof Test Load equals or exceeds the requirement of ASTM A952(8.1) and ASME B30.9.
†† Welded Master Link.