Load binder operating instructions:
- Follow D.O.T. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations S 392.9, S 393.100, and S 393.102.
- Inspect before use. Replace worn and deformed binders. Lubricate pivot and swivel points for optimum performance.
- Do not operate with anyone on load.
- Always apply lever binder in a straight line hook-to-hook manner without bending and such that handle goes down when securing load.
- Tighten binders before moving and re-check frequently.
- Do not exceed working load limit shown on binder-hand effort will tighten binder to working load limit.
- Do not use cheater bar or handle extension as their use can overload binder system and result in injury.
- Secure handle down with a positive retaining method.
- Release handle / load with extreme care. Make sure everyone is clear. Lever binder handle can snap back over center. Use open palm under handle and push up.
WARNING: Load binding systems store energy, which can release suddenly.
To avoid injury, operate only by hand from a firm standing position. Operate handle cautiously. Stay clear of handle path: handle may release suddenly. Follow instructions.