- Sizes 400 metric tons and larger are tested to 1.33 times Working Load Limit.
- All ratings are in metric tons, embossed on side of bow.
- G-2160, (7-55t), are Hot Dip Galvanized and pins are painted red.
- G-2160, (75t and larger), bows are furnished Dimetcoted, and pins are Dimetcoted, then painted red.
- S-2160 bows and pins are painted red.
- Shackles, 30t and larger, are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Can be used to connect HIGH STRENGTH Synthetic Web Slings, HIGH STRENGTH Synthetic Round Slings or Wire Rope Slings.
- Increase in shackle bow radius provides minimum 58% gain in sling bearing surface and eliminates need for a thimble.
- Increases usable sling strength minimum of 15% and greatly improves life of wire rope slings.
- Pin is non-rotating, with weld-on handles for easier use (75t and larger).
- Approved for use at -40°C (-40°F) to 204°C (400°F).
- Bow and bolt are Certified to meet charpy impact testing of 42 joules (31 ft.-Ibs.) min. ave. at -20°C (-4°F).
- All 2160 shackles are individually proof tested and magnetic particle inspected. Crosby certification available at time of order.
- Shackles requiring ABS, Lloyds and other certifications are available upon special request and must be specified at time of order.
- Shackles 18t and larger have DNV Type Approval to Rules for Certification of Lifting Appliances, and are produced in accordance with DNV MSA requirements. Databook is provided that includes required documents.
- Serialization / Identification
- Material Testing (Physical / Chemical / Charpy)
- Proof Testing
- Look for the Red Pin®…the mark of genuine Crosby quality.
* 7t-300t Proof Load is 2 times the Working Load Limit. Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
400t-1550t Proof Load is 1.33 times the Working Load Limit. Ultimate Load is 4.5 times the Working Load Limit.
† Available in Forged and Cast Alloy Steel.