- The TERMINATOR™ wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the wedge, is left undeformed and available for reuse.
- Incorporates Crosby’s patented QUIC-CHECK® “Go” and “No-Go” feature cast into the wedge. The proper size rope is determined when the following criteria are met:
- The wire rope should pass thru the “Go” hole in the wedge.
- The wire rope should NOT pass thru the “No-Go” hole in the wedge.
- Utilizes standard Crosby Red-U-Bolt® wire rope clip.
- The 3/8″ thru 1-1/8″ standard S-421 wedge socket can be retrofitted with the new style TERMINATOR™ wedge.
- Available with Bolt, Nut and Cotter Pin.
- U.S. patent 5,553,360, Canada patent 2,217,004 and foreign equivalents.
- Meets the performance requirements of EN 13411-6: 2003.
- Assembly includes Socket, Wedge, Pin and Wire Rope Clip
Wedge sockets meet the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-S-550D, Type C, except those provisions required of the contractor.
Note: For intermediate wire rope sizes, use next larger size socket.
The S-423T Super TERMINATORTM wedge is designed to be assembled only into the Crosby S-421T TERMINATORTM socket body.
IMPORTANT: The S-423TW for sizes 5/8″ through 1-1/8″ (14mm through 28mm) will fit respective size standard Crosby S-421T basket.
The 1-1/4″ (30-32mm) S-423TW will only fit the Crosby S-421T 1-1/4″ basket marked with “TERMINATORTM ”.