Jeamar Premium Steel Sheaves BB
Steel sheaves are manufactured from the highest-quality, fine-grain steel, ensuring uniformity of material, consistent high quality and greater strength. The innovative, cold-rolled forming process ensures an ideal groove profile. The inherent elasticity and resilience of steel makes for a tougher sheave to meet the most demanding applications.
- Work hardening of the rope groove takes place during the forming process, which substantially increases the life of the sheave. The high-quality finish of the rope groove ensures minimum wear and abrasion between the rope and sheave, adding considerably to the rope life.
- The strength of the steel used considerably exceeds that of cast iron.
- Steel sheaves are designed with a minimum arc of support for the rope of 125 degrees, ensuring that the rope cross sectional shape is maintained under normal load conditions. Sheaves have a minimum sheave-to-rope ratio of 15:1. This ensures a large radius for the rope to bend around, which in turn decreases flexing of the rope and substantially increases rope life.
- Steel sheaves incorporate either ball or taper roller bearings for maximum efficiency, reduced friction, smooth motion, long life and high speed.
- The ball and roller bearings are sealed and lifetime lubricated for long life and minimum maintenance costs.