G-2140 meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271F, Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Quenched and Tempered.
- Alloy bows, Alloy bolts.
- Forged Alloy Steel 30 thru 175 metric tons and Cast Alloy Steel 200 thru 400 metric tons. Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
- Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle.
- 30, 40, 55 and 85 metric ton shackle bows are available galvanized or self colored with pins that are galvanized and painted red. 120, 150, 175 metric ton shackle bows are hot-dip galvanized; pins are Dimetcoted® and painted red. 200, 250, 300 and 400 metric ton shackle bows are Dimetcoted®; pins are Dimetcoted® and painted red.
- All sizes are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Approved for use at -40°C (-40°F) to 204°C (400°F).
- Shackles are Quenched and Tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements of 42 joules (31 ft.-lbs.) at -20°C (-4°F).
- All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the Working Load Limit.
- Shackles 200 metric tons and larger are provided as follows.
- Serialized Pin and Bow
- Material Certification (Chemical)
- Magnetic Particle Inspected.
- Certification must be requested at time of order.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these shackles meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes.
- Look for the Red Pin®…the mark of genuine Crosby quality.
* Note: Maximum Proof Load is 2.0 times the Working Load Limit. Minimum Ultimate Load is 4 times the Working Load Limit on
200 thru 400 metric tons. For sizes 30 thru 175 metric tons, Minimum Ultimate Load is 5.4 times the Working Load Limit.
** Cast Alloy Steel.
† Furnished with Round Head Bolts with an eyebolt for handling