G-209A Screw pin anchor shackles meet the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271F Type IVA, Grade B, Class 2, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Capacities 2 thru 21 metric tons. Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
- Forged Alloy Steel – Quenched and Tempered, with alloy pins.
- Working Load Limit permanently shown on every shackle.
- Hot Dip Galvanized.
- Shackles can be furnished proof tested with certificates to designated standards, such as ABS, DNV, Lloyds or other certification. Charges for proof testing and certification available when requested at the time of order.
- Approved for use at -40°C (-40°F) to 204°C (400°F).
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these shackles meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
* Note:Maximum Proof Load is 2 times the Working Load Limit (metric tons) and 2.2 times the Working Load Limit (short tons).
Minimum Ultimate Strength is 4.5 times the Working Load Limit for metric tons, and 5 times the Working Load Limit for short tons.