- Forged — Quenched and Tempered.
- Swivel hooks are load rated.
- Proper design, careful forging, and precision controlled quench and tempering gives maximum strength without excessive weight and bulk.
- Low profile hook tip designed to utilize Crosby S-4320 or PL-N latch kit. Simply purchase the latch assemblies. Even years after purchase of the original hook, latch assemblies can be added.
- Hoist hooks incorporate markings forged into the product which address two (2) QUIC-CHECK® features:
- Deformation Indicators—Two strategically placed marks, one just below the shank or eye and the other on the hook tip, which allows for a QUIC-CHECK® measurement to determine if the throat opening has changed, thus indicating abuse or overload.
- Angle Indicators—Indicate the maximum included angle which is allowed between two (2) sling legs in the hook. These indicators also provide the opportunity to approximate other included angles between two sling legs.
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes.
- U.S. Patents 5,381,650 & 5,193,480 & 5,103,755 and foreign equivalents.
This hook is a positioning device and is not intended to rotate under load. Use in corrosive environment requires shank and nut inspection in accordance with ASME B30.10-1.10.4 (b)(5)(c) 2009.
* Note: Carbon swivel hooks .75tC-15tC: proof load is 2 times working load limit. Designed with a 5 to 1 design factor.
Alloy swivel hooks 1tA-22A: proof load is 2.5 times working load limit. Designed with a 4.5 to 1 design factor.
Alloy swivel hook 30tA: proof load is 2 times working load limit. Designed with a 4 to 1 design factor.
† Dimensions for hooks 3/4 ton carbon thru 22t alloy are for S-4320 latch kits. Dimensions for hooks 31.5t alloy are for PL latch kit.