The benefits of using high performance synthetic rope slings, instead of traditional wire rope, have not only been well-documented but are also put into practice every day by lifting companies worldwide.
Cortland’s patented Plasma HMPE (Ultra High Modulus Polyethylene) synthetic fiber rope slings are lighter than wire rope, offer greater flexibility both in design and use, and are less labor-intensive to move. Plasma rope slings have been successfully replacing steel wire rope in lifting applications for more than 25 years.
Features and Benefits:
- HMPE high performance lifting sling
- One permanent eye, one adjustable eye
- Length adjustable, to use in a variety of applications
- Opposing force tightens the adjustable splice, preventing any lengthening of the sling
- Lightweight flexibility for safe and fast rigging
- Minimum length dependent on rope diameter size; no max length limitations
- Easy to inspect
- Durable cut-resistant eye terminations
- Many chafe guard options, offering increased protection yet allowing for inspection
Traditional lifting slings made from steel wire rope are heavy, inflexible, and difficult to rig.
Unlike wire, Plasma rope slings will not rust or corrode and have much better bend and tension-tension fatigue resistance. Single leg or multi-leg bridles using Extender slings are designed using high modulus synthetic fibers in a torque-free braided construction and offer the same strength and elongation characteristics as wire with only 1/7th the weight.
Extender slings are currently available with standard vertical lifting capacities from 10 to 250 tons. All single leg or multi-leg Extender slings are proof-loaded to 2x WLL (5:1), have less than 1% elongation under WLL, and are properly tagged.
|Sling Rated Capacities|
@ 5:1 WLL (lbs)
|Minimum Eye Size |
|Minimum OAL |
Plasma 12 Strand