Plasma® Vehicle Tow / Recovery Cables have been designed to provide the maximum combination of strength, flexibility, low elongation and durability.
To protect the Plasma fiber interior the entire cable body is encased in heavy duty high visibility protective jacketing. This extra-durable jacket provides protection during use from external abrasion, cutting and ingress of dirt into the Plasma fiber core. Each end termination is protected with the most durable lightweight chafe sleeve, SX Chafe Guard, and every cable delivered includes a tag providing the Minimum Break Load (MBL) and a unique serial number for traceability.
Features and Benefits:
- Towing strength of steel wire rope without the weight
- Lightweight flexibility for safe and faster installation rigging
- Low lash-back or recoil if parted
- Durable cut-resistant eye terminations
- High visibility orange chafe guard on body
Choosing the correct size / strength cable
To determine the appropriate size cable for the application, consider two factors:
- The pulling power of the recovery vehicle – either drawbar-pull for dozers, or rim-pull for trucks – this is more important that the dead-weight of the disabled machine
- SWL (Safe Work Load) factor – Cortland recommends a minimum SWL of 2.3 or higher for vehicle tow or recovery
Correctly sized attachment hardware on both the disabled tow and recovery vehicle is also important.
Custom sizes and lengths of Plasma Cables can be manufactured, if required.