The Travsafe® horizontal lifeline system provides a permanent engineered solution to your fall protection needs. These permanent systems are designed and installed by Travsafe® certified representatives and have custom designed solutions to meet the site-specific requirements.
Travsafe® is a hands free system that allows up to 7 users (maximum if conditions allow) simultaneously. The systems can be designed to allow unhindered travel for unlimited distances with out the need to disconnect and reconnect at the anchorages.
The Travsafe® twin wire rope horizontal lifeline system provides for smooth travel compared to single line systems. The twin wire ropes allow the traveller to sit true and move freely over the intermediate anchors, minimizing wear and eliminating user assistance. The user’s hands remain free to accomplish whatever task is required.
- The twin lines ensure smooth hands free travel over anchors and around corners.
- When a fall occurs, the traveller’s jaws close tightly around the lines
- The Travsafe® system contains relatively few components when compared to other systems
- The system can be supplied with stainless steel or aluminum anchorage and stainless steel or galvanized wire rope.
- The system can be secured to walls, floors or ceilings
- The system has a large tolerance. Anchors can be offset and travel remains smooth.
- When properly designed and installed, the system meets all OHSA, ANSI and CSA requirements
- Building maintenance (rooftops with out guardrails or parapets)
- Aircraft hangers (overhead systems to service the top of the fuselage and wings)
- Bridges and viaducts
- Oil and gas installations
- Distribution facilities
- Overhead cranes
- Industrial plants
- OSHA, ANSI, CSA and Provincial occupational health and safety acts and regulations
Compatible personal fall protection equipment also required
- Full-body harness
- Shock-absorbing lanyard or self-retracting device