Welcome back to Safety Factor. In this episode, we are talking about overhead cranes and smart, non-contact measurement solutions. Non-contact measurement solutions, like side-pull detection, no-fly zones, and sway reduction, can make your overhead crane more efficient.
Today, we are joined again by Steven Lubeck, President of Laser-View Technologies, a provider of non-contact measurement sensors and systems for industry, and Mazzella Companies’ Mark Shubel, Director of Business and Training Development for Crane Service, to discuss how smart non-contact measurement solutions can help make overhead cranes more efficient.
Prefer to watch? You can watch this podcast on the Lifting & Rigging YouTube Channel.
- With modern technologies becoming more readily available and more affordable, the safety features available for overhead crane systems have never been better. Overhead Crane Safety Systems: Modern Features and Technologies.
- Die and mold handling can be complicated and dangerous. Learn how to assess your lifting practices and the equipment your team is using to handle dies and molds. Lifting and Rigging Solutions for Die Handling and Automotive Stamping
- The amount of engineering and fabrication to meet your specifications can determine whether a modular system or an engineered or process crane system is right for you. Overhead Cranes: Modular Cranes vs. Engineered Process Cranes.
- Understanding the process and expectations of buying an overhead crane—from the first contact with an overhead crane manufacturer, through the consultation and quote processes, and all the way up to installation. Purchasing an Overhead Crane Process: From Consultation to Installation.
- Download our free Overhead Cranes E-Book: Overhead Cranes From Top To Bottom
- Enroll in Cranes 101 to get a better understanding of overhead crane systems
Schedule Remote or In-Person Rigging Training
Subscribe wherever you listen!
In this Podcast:
0:00 – Intro
0:46 – What effects can the different types of smart, non-contact measurement solutions have on productivity?
3:30 – How can no-fly zones improve productivity?
4:47 – How can side-pull detection improve productivity?
8:10 – How are sway and side pull different?
9:53 – How can sway control improve productivity?
11:13 – Why is a true vertical lift so important?
12:09 – How can you fix sway without non-contact measurement solutions?
13:14 – How does Active (Dynamic) Sway Control work?
15:03 – What are the cons of Active Sway Control?
16:36 – How does Passive Sway Control work?
18:36 – What are different ways to reduce sway?
19:58 – How does sway reduction help minimize maintenance costs?
21:12 – What are the cons of Passive Sway Control?
21:47 – How does a combination of solutions increase efficiency?
22:37 – What industries use non-contact measurement solutions?
29:30 – How do smart measurement solutions make crane operators more competent?
32:10 – Learn more about smart, non-contact measurement solutions
Copyright 2022. Mazzella Companies.