Morse-Starrett Products Company was founded in 1928 by the partnership of Mr. Morse and Mr. Starrett to market their patented invention–the hammer-type wire rope cutter. The manufacturing for this family-owned business was nearly all farmed out in the early years. However, this changed slowly as the business grew and manufacturing was brought in-house.
In the 1930’s, a Mr. Leon J. Paul was hired. Paul worked for the company until he bought out the interests of the two founders in 1941 and the offices were moved to Oakland, California in the late-40s. Leon Paul passed away in 1986 and Morse-Starrett is now headed by his two sons: John R. Paul (President) and Jerry L. Paul (Vice President).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.