Miller Engineered Fall Protection Solutions
For over 20 years, Miller Engineered Solutions has been providing design and installation services for safety at height applications. While addressing the challenges defined by unique structures or extreme environmental conditions, Miller Engineered Solutions' priority has always been ensuring worker safety, in addition to offering other added-value benefits: significantly reducing on-site safety risks; maintaining or lowering insurance premiums; reducing worker compensation claims associated with height-safety incidents; and meeting regulatory compliance.
- Site Survey and Hazard Analysis – including written and photo documentation
- Network of engineers and qualified installers serving North America
- Follow-up testing, training, annual inspection and certification
Installation services are now available for several Miller Fall Arrest Systems and Kits:
- SkyGrip Temporary Horizontal Lifeline Systems & Kits
- Miller Dura Hoist Safety & Confined Space Systems
- Xenon Permanent Horizontal Cable Lifeline Systems & Kits
- GlideLoc Permanent Ladder Climbing Systems & Kits (Rail)
- Vi-Go Permanent Ladder Climbing Systems & Kits (Cable)
Having trouble finding solutions to safety-at-height hazards?
Our team of experienced engineers and safety-at-height professionals are trained to work with you to identify all options available to solve your safety-at-height hazards, and ultimately recommend the best solution to meet your long-term safety needs.
Safety at Height Applications:
- Wind Energy
- Elevated Machinery, Stations or Decks
- Roof Access / Perimeters
- Window Washing
- Sloped Roof Surfaces
- Building Ledges / Beams
- Power Plants & Paper Mills
- Aircraft Hangers
- Communication Towers
- Elevated Railcars & Trucks
- Bridge Inspection
- Wastewater Treatment
- Pipe Racks
- Amusement Parks
- Sports Arenas / Stadiums
- Fixed Roof Anchors
SkyGrip Horizontal Lifeline Systems
- Compact and lightweight—provides for easier handling, installation and storage
- Above-the-beam adjustment—patent-pending design allows for easy one-person installation and dismantle
- Continuous pass-through design—100% tie-off connection with multi-span systems
- Stanchions also serve as single-point anchorages
- Single-span systems (no intermediate stanchions) up to 60-ft. (18.3 m); multiple-span systems up to 300-ft. (91.4 m)
- Tension indicator—proper tensioning of system ensures accurate fall clearance requirements
- Interchangeable bases between steel and concrete applications—modular design maximizes investment and increases versatility
- Durable zinc-plated steel construction—corrosion resistant for increased durability and longer service life
Miller SkyGrip Systems for Concrete Applications
Miller SkyGrip Temporary Horizontal Lifeline Systems for concrete applications feature unique stanchion adjustment that allows the anchorage to be repositioned, minimizing obstruction and increasing safety.
- Uniquely designed for angled adjustment—swings out of the way when placing deck-pans between beams (common in bridge construction)
- Slider bracket tensions tie-back chain to minimize fall clearance
- For concrete applications, bases can be positioned parallel or perpendicular to the beam.
- Three methods of attachment include:
- V-Grip rebar attachments (Rebar sizes 4 to 11) - Expansion anchor bolts (Purchased separately)
- Precast inserts (Purchased separately)
- Slider bracket assists with quick installation
- Angled adjustment
Complete system includes stanchions, tie-back brackets, chain connectors, slider brackets, energy absorber(s), line tension indicator, turnbuckle, cable and hardware. Attach to rebar, coil inserts or concrete expansion bolts.
Miller SkyGrip Systems for Steel Applications
Miller SkyGrip Temporary Horizontal Lifeline Systems for steel applications are compact and lightweight for easy installation, while providing greater user mobility for increased productivity.
- Two base / crossbar adjustment systems accommodate wide range of steel beam sizes
- Low-profile crossbar—reduces trip hazard
- Quick grip above-the-beam adjustment—patent-pending design allows for easy one-person installation and dismantle, increasing safety and productivity
- Position crossbar
- Fine-tune adjustment
- Stanchion installation complete
- All adjustments above-the-beam
Complete system includes stanchions, energy absorber(s), line tension indicator, turnbuckle, cable and hardware.
- Systems with Standard Base—Fit beam flanges 4" to 18" wide up to 2-1/4" thick.
- Systems with Large Base—Fit beam flanges 12" to 36" wide and to 2-1/4" to 3-3/8" thick.