Welcome back to Safety Factor. In this episode, we are talking about workplace safety programs. How to start a workplace safety program, how you can improve yours, and how you can be a better safety coordinator.
Today, we’re joined by Mazzella Companies’ Kevin Paul, Director of Safety, and Alana Cohen, Safety Coordinator, to discuss how they got their start in the world of safety, how they helped develop Mazzella’s safety program, and what wisdom they’ve learned along the way so you can better start your workplace safety program.
Prefer to watch? You can watch this podcast on the Lifting & Rigging YouTube Channel.
- Be an active participant in workplace safety and identify job safety hazards before they cause an accident or injury. How to Identify Workplace Hazards by Performing a Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- OSHA Inspection Series: What Can You Expect From an OSHA Inspection?
- Five of the most common observations from the field that could prevent you from reaching 100% compliance with OSHA and ASME requirements. 5 Reasons Your Lifting & Rigging Program Isn’t OSHA/ASME Compliant
- How Can Lifting and Rigging Training Help My Company Maintain OSHA Compliance? OSHA Inspection Series: How Can Lifting & Rigging Training Help with OSHA Compliance?
Download your FREE assets for your safety program!
- Rigging Gear Inspection Field Reference Poster
- Sling Inspections E-Book: A Guide to Inspections & Applicable Standards
- OSHA Personnel Designations Guide Poster
- Job Safety Analysis & Working at Height Risk Assessment Bundle
- Top 5 Fall Protection Hazards On The Jobsite Infographic
- SRL / Lanyard Inspection Checklist
- Harness Inspection Checklist
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection Infographic
- Top 10 Safety Tips for Working at Height Infographic
Schedule Remote or In-Person Rigging Training Here
Subscribe wherever you listen!
In this Podcast:
0:00 – Intro
0:46 – How do you get started as a safety coordinator?
3:55 – Why do you need an in-house safety program?
4:32 – How do you start a safety program in a family owned buisness?
5:56 – How do you grow a safety program alongside your buisness?
7:48 – How do you deal with pushback against safety regulations?
8:56 – What are the requirements for a safety program?
9:33 – Why is in-house training so beneficial?
10:35 – How can a company start their in-house safety program?
12:39 – Can Mazzella help you start your safety program?
13:27 – How does a safety program grow and develop?
14:39 – Why does safety need to be a core value?
15:41 – How can you build your in-house safety program?
18:09 – How do you win over the employees out in the field?
21:14 – How do you get other leaders involved in your safety program?
23:36 – What advice do you have for others who are starting their safety program?