» Overhead Cranes Index
» Catalog Index
Components & Details of Built-Up Hoists:
- Housing – horizontal split, all steel fabricated housing, stress-relieved, machined, foot mounted, over-sized inspection cover.
- Shafting – SAE 4340 high alloy steel, through hardened.
- Gearing – All helical, AGMA diametral pitches, full fillet, 25 degree pressure angles, SAE 4140 high alloy steel, through hardened, 35/44 RC.
- Bearings – Double row spherical, self-aligning, minimum 15,000 hour L10 bearing life based on CMAA requirements.
- Bearing Capsules – all bearings are housed in their own steel capsules.
- Seals – Taconite style seals (double seals) on input and output running against a carburized and ground seal sleeve.
- Lubrication – ISO VG220 gear oil.
- Sight Gauges – Included.
- Drain Valves – Included.
- Breathers – Canister type.
- Construction – Gear type coupling, AIST compliant.
- Service Factor – 1.75 minimum.
- Mounting – Flange mounted into a counter-bore machined into the drum flange.
- Construction – All steel construction, flanges and drum are machined to a close tolerance fit between members. Flanges are locked onto the drum tube and then completely welded together.
- Flanges – Pre-machined for location during welding, final machined after welding to eliminate distortion created during the welding process.
- Shaft – Low carbon, low alloy shaft material is used to insure a fatigue resistant weld and eliminate the need for complicated and procedurally sensitive welding procedures. Shaft is machined after welding is complete.
- Grooving – Standard 3/8 depth, 125 mirco-inch finish or better, 1/2 or full depth grooving also available – Heat treated grooves available as an option.
- Cable Clamps – Formed steel pieces, double bolted, machined to fit.
Hoist Holding Brake
- Construction – AC Thruster, Industrial Duty shoe type, other types are available upon request.
- Torque – 150% motor torque as a standard.
- Brake Wheel – Ductile iron, completely machined and balanced.
Upper Limit Switches
- Construction – 1686, weighted type.
- Mounting – Mounted to the top of the trolley deck.
- Construction – Flux Vector, 60 min, Class “H” Ins, TENV, Klixon, foot mounted, 1.15 service factor, NEMA frame.
- Mounting – Mounting - Via machined mounting pads.
- Construction – Gear type coupling, AIST complaint.
Geared Limit Switch
- Construction – 3 pole geared limit, two upper and one lower limit, switch is driven by a jaw coupling attached to the drum shaft.
- Construction – one piece weldment, all steel members, gusseted to create low deflections and to eliminate stress, coped and fitted following good construction practices.
- Welding – Meets all aspects of AWS D14.1
Drum Pillow-Block Bearings & Pedestal
- Construction – Piloted flange, double row spherical type, capable of handling angular misalignments created during loading.
- Steel construction, machined to accept the piloted flange, permanently welded to the trolley structure, no alignment needed during drum installation or removal.